Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Most e-books will be found with Summon.
However please also see the e-book guide for:
- more info about the e-book collections available in Summon
- links to other e-book collections which need to be searched separately from Summon
Useful areas of the library include:
- AB.MKT art markets. Few books specifically on emerging markets, but more general surveys will often contain some relevant material.
- PAT patronage and collecting. Again, browse through general works to find relevant sections, e.g. in PAT1.HB (handbooks for collectors).
- FIA fine art. The large fine art section on the first floor includes a section for books organised by area, such as FIA3 (Asia), FIA4 (Africa) and FIA7 (Americas). Some titles will include comment on the art markets in these regions. Similarly, if your interest is in design or the decorative arts, you can search the corresponding sections in the library basement.
Many SIA dissertations have been written about individual emerging markets, often by students from those countries who have excellent local knowledge and have conducted valuable original research.
A search like this will find you SIA dissertations about your chosen country:
A few resources that are not dissertations will appear in the results list. To hide these, choose the Dissertation/Thesis filter from the left hand menu on the results page:
If you cannot immediately see the Dissertation/Thesis option, scroll down to see the full range of Content Type options.
For more info: