Detail of: El Anatsui, Many Came Back, 2005. Aluminium and copper wire (213 x 292 cm).
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston. Source: profzucker, Flickr (edited). Licence.
See these e-book collections:
More e-books will be found with Summon.
Also see the e-book guide for:
- more info about the e-book collections available in Summon
- links to other e-book collections which need to be searched separately from Summon
Key areas of the library include:
- FIA2.20C.POC 20th century fine art by, or depicting, people of colour, including Black people
- FIA2.21C.POC 21st century fine art by, or depicting, people of colour, including Black people
- FIA4.AFR African fine art
- FIA6.GB.A.POC British fine art by, or depicting, people of colour, including Black people
- FIA7.USA.POC US fine art by, or depicting, people of colour, including Black people
- FIA8 individual fine artists
- PHO1.POC photography by, or depicting, people of colour, including Black people
- THE theory, including postcolonial and anti-racist theory
Dissertations completed by previous MA students at SIA will often be useful, for their bibliographies as well as the original research and analysis they contain.
Most journal articles will be found by Summon or by one of the other databases listed in the first section of this guide.
However you may wish to browse or search individual journals, such as:
- African Arts
- Archipelagos: A Journal of Caribbean Digital Praxis
- Art Africa
- ArtThrob: Contemporary Art in South Africa
- Black Camera
- Black Film Review
- International Review of African American Art
- Journal of African Cultural Studies
- South African Art Times
- Third Text
You can find these using the search box below:
Independent Voices: Black American press
Digitised alternative press magazines from the second half of the twentieth century
For more info: